BOATING 4X4 CAMPING

BOATING 4X4 CAMPING

All about Boating, 4x4, Camping, Fishing and caravanning.

85 suzuki sierra buildup (robo jnr's)

Robo Jnr

Post  Robo Jnr on Mon May 10, 2010 1:42 pm

how you all going.

just want to introduce myself and also put a bit of info up about my 85 sierra that im fixing up.

This car will be my first car. just after christmas i purchased the sierra for $1000. my plans where to fix it up and get it regoed.

so far we have sanded back and painted the rims white. fixed up a few small electrical problems and just little bits here and there. the dash has been completly resprayed with grey and gloss black. and the first coat of primer has been sprayed over the car. I also have a rollbar that arived a few days ago from the sunshine coast. cost me $150, what a bargian!!!. since the car did not come with a softtop it sorta gave me a few chioces. and i have decided to go with the ute style softop with out the tornuee cover as the rollbar prvents me from using it. so we have to build half a false wall upto the top of the tub so i can attach the rear bit of the softop to it.

probably a few things i have missed but i will update them later..
    Pics will also come later on.
    Robo
    Admin

Re: 85 suzuki sierra buildup (robo jnr's)

Post  Robo on Mon May 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Robo Jnr wrote:how you all going.

just want to introduce myself and also put a bit of info up about my 85 sierra that im fixing up.

This car will be my first car. just after christmas i purchased the sierra for $1000. my plans where to fix it up and get it regoed.

so far we have sanded back and painted the rims white. fixed up a few small electrical problems and just little bits here and there. the dash has been completly resprayed with grey and gloss black. and the first coat of primer has been sprayed over the car. I also have a rollbar that arived a few days ago from the sunshine coast. cost me $150, what a bargian!!!. since the car did not come with a softtop it sorta gave me a few chioces. and i have decided to go with the ute style softop with out the tornuee cover as the rollbar prvents me from using it. so we have to build half a false wall upto the top of the tub so i can attach the rear bit of the softop to it.

probably a few things i have missed but i will update them later..
    Pics will also come later on.

Thanks for the post Jake, look forward to the pics.

johnsonrik

Post  johnsonrik on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:10 pm

Hey nice Sierra there mate, I love Claws my mate is running them I swear they make up for lockers in the mud lol. Thanks for the comments, yeah my last Sierra was a soft top I did run 33"s for a while but settled on 31"s. Cant get 33"s engineered but may consider running them on my new Zook for certain trips.
    http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9A5OINZeEKMSlGdYb7FHALqh3yp1jCp2fimd5YA9vvlf8vbz0
    Motorhome Facts bounce
    Robo
    Admin

Post  Robo on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:18 pm

link for pictures of the buildup

http://boating4x4camping.com.au/jake's_zook_build_up_day_1_to_3.htm

Robo Jnr

Post  Robo Jnr on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks for the link, and yeah you can't get any sized tire engineered can you?.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:37 pm